Levitra is used to treat male sexual problems like impotence or Erectile Dysfunction (ED), very effective in increasing the sexual ability of males (Elongation of the penis). Levitra brand name Vardenafil increases the flow of blood in the male’s private part due to that the elongation occurs.
But Vardenafil pills are not used in the treatment of any sexual diseases like HIV, hepatitis B, gonorrhea, and syphilis.
At least 1 in 10 men, have illness getting or keeping an erection at some time, maybe physical or psychological causes. Due to the low-speed flow of blood, they can’t be able to hold, in that condition you required such ED medicine (Viagra, Cialis, and Levitra). Therefore you can buy Levitra from an online pharmacy or local pharmacy to treat erectile dysfunction.
What Is Levitra?
Well, Levitra is a drug that is prescribed by the doctor. Basically, this medicine contains vardenafil. However, vardenafil is a member of a group of medicines, which is known as phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors. In addition, these are utilized for the treatment of the problem of erectile dysfunction in adult men.
However, this problem is a condition that implies some troubles in gaining or keeping an erection. Well, it is a fact that at least one out of ten men has some difficulty in getting or keeping an erection at some time. In addition, there can be some psychological or physical causes or even a combination of both of these problems can be possible.
But whatever the reason behind this, it is also possible that due to the blood vessel and muscle changes, a sufficient amount of blood does not stay in the penis of such men to make the penis hard and keep it hard for a long time. However, the Levitra drug will only work for you at the time when you are sexually excited.
Basically, this medication can reduce the effect of such natural chemicals within your body, which is responsible to make erections go away. Therefore the Levitra drug enables you to keep an erection in your penis to be last long enough for you to complete your sexual activity and satisfy your partner.
How is Levitra dosage working?
Working of Levitra will only work when you are sexually stimulated, it just needs a trigger of mood to do long duration intercourse. By using this medicine you can able to get satisfactorily complete sexual activity.
During a penile erection, the penis fills with blood. The blood vessels that supply the penis with blood expand, or dilate, and the vessels that take blood away from the penis contract. The two large chambers in the penis, known as the corpus cavernosa, fill with blood.
As the blood accumulates in the penis, an erection results. Levitra belongs to a class of drugs called phosphodiesterase type-5 (PDE5) inhibitors. A PDE5 inhibitor stops PDE5 from constricting the arteries. By relaxing the arteries, Levitra enhances blood flow when a man is sexually aroused.
The active ingredient works on the chain of reactions within the penis during arousal. When a male is sexually aroused, nitric oxide is released into his penis, and this triggers a chain of reactions. This causes an enzyme, guanylate cyclase, to produce cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP).
cGMP regulates the contraction and dilation, or expansion, of blood vessels that carry blood to and from the penis. The chemical reaction causes the vessels that supply the penis to dilate, while those removing blood from the penis contract. Phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5), another enzyme breaks down or destroys cGMP.
When cGMP is destroyed, the blood vessels return to their normal size, effectively ending the erection. Levitra stops PDE5 from destroying cGMP. In this way, it allows cGMP to work for longer. As a result, it helps prolong an erection.
How to take Levitra Drug
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. The recommended dose is 10 mg. Take a Levitra tablet about 25 to 60 minutes before sexual activity. With sexual stimulation, you may achieve an erection anywhere from 25 minutes up to four to five hours after taking Levitra. Swallow one tablet with a glass of water.
Do not take Levitra film-coated tablets with any other forms of Levitra. Also, you must not take Levitra more than once a day. Tell your doctor if you think Levitra is too strong or too weak. He or she may suggest a switch to an alternative Levitra formulation with a different dose, depending on how well it works for you.
If you take more Levitra than you should?
Men who take too much Levitra may experience more side effects or may get severe back pain. If you take more Levitra than you should, tell your doctor. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Few instructions related to Levitra (before using) are mentioned below
keep the leaflet, and read out the instruction carefully to know about the process of taking the medicine.
- Clear your doubt in front of doctor/pharmacist.
- Don’t advise others to take such pills, because has been prescribed for you only.
- If you are suffering from any disease or taking pills for other diseases then, share your present condition.
The process to use Levitra
- Take medication by mouth with the help of water, as per the doctor’s advice.
- Vardenafil can be taken with or without food.
- 1 hour before sexual activity.
- The next pill should be taken at least 24 hours apart.
- Dosage is based on the medical condition of patients, so don’t take high mg tablets.
- Erection timing: 25 minutes up to four to five hours after taking Levitra.
Levitra with food, drink, and alcohol (can we take it)
- You can take this medicine with food but don’t if you have eaten too much oily food.
- Avoid taking alcohol, otherwise, it will make erection difficulties worse.
“After taking this medicine, avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice because the chemicals which are present in it, increase the chance of side effects.”
The recommended initial dose of Levitra is 10 mg, which is taken verbally, about 60 minutes before sexual activity. Dosage can be increased to a maximum of 20 milligrams or it can be reduced to 5 mg depending on efficacy and side effects.
The maximum dose frequency is once in a day (20 mg). Levitra can interact with nitrate medicines for chest pain or heart problems. Other drugs for Erectile Dysfunction, Conivaptan, Diclofenac, Imatinib, Isoniazid, Antidepressants, Antibiotics. Try to follow the advice of the doctor for better health and sexual life.
Precautions of Levitra
Levitra consists of Vardenafil, which is considered as a member of a class of medicines called phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors. They are used for erectile dysfunction treatment in adult men, difficulties in holding erection of penis from a long time.
Before taking Vardenafil, tell your doctor about the allergic you have with Zinc, iron or any other chemicals; if you have any other allergens. This product contains many passive elements, which may lead to allergies or other problems. To protect your health don’t hide any medical conditions.
- If you have heart problems (Stroke, bypass surgery).
- Irregular heartbeat or breathing issue.
- The shape of the penis (like angulation, Peyronie’s disease, and cavernosal fibrosis)
- Illness due to sickle cell disease, multiple myeloma, and leukemia.
- Stomach ulcers (avoid to take such sex-related medicines)
- A bleeding disorder like blood clotting disorder, or hemophilia.
- If earlier you are using treatments for erection difficulties, including Levitra orodispersible tablets.
- Vision loss (sudden from the eyes or single eye) consult to doctor as soon as possible.
Children and adolescents: Not recommended for kids or boys, who are under 18.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding: A wrong, not made for girls or women.
“If you feel dizzy after taking pills of Levitra, don’t use any tools.”
Content of pack: 20 mg, Levitra film-coated tablets are orange (Packs contain 2, 4, 8, 12 or 20 tablets) with the BAYER cross on one side and the strength, on the side.
Ingredients of Levitra
- The main (active) substance is Vardenafil.
- Core tablet: colloidal anhydrous silica, crospovidone, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate
- Macrogol 400
- Titanium dioxide (E171)
- Ferric oxide yellow (E172)
- Ferric oxide red (E172)
“Levitra (Vardenafil Hydrochloride) Side Effects Drug Center provides comprehensive medication information on possible side effects while taking this medicine.”
How to store Levitra at home?
- Keep the medicine apart from the reach of children.
- “EXP.” check out the medicine date of expiry.
- Don’t use tablets after exp.
- Avoid throwing medicine in public places, take pharmacist advice.
- Don’t keep medicine near moisture.
- Try to keep that medicine in between temp (20°C to 25°C).
Side effects of Levitra
Possible side effects
Like other medicine, these pills can cause side effects, but not for everyone. Maybe the side effects are mild or moderate, based on conditions. Partial, sudden, temporary, or permanent decrease or loss of vision in one or both eyes has been experienced by patients. Stop taking Levitra and contact your doctor immediately. Sudden decrease or loss of hearing has been reported.
Cases of sudden death, fast or altered heartbeat, heart attack, chest pain, and trouble in cerebral circulation (including temporarily decreased blood flow to parts of the brain and bleeding in the brain) have been reported in men taking vardenafil. Most of the men who experienced these side effects had heart problems before taking this medicine. It is not possible to determine whether these events were directly related to vardenafil.
The chance of having a side effect is described by the following categories:
Common side effects
- Body pain,
- Headache (1 person in every 10),
- Lower Back Pain,
- Blocked or runny nose,
Uncommon Side Effects (1 in 1000 user)
- Swollen face, lips or throat (Swelling of skin),
- Sleeping disorder, suddenly get up,
- Effects on Vision (Redness in eyes),
- Ear problems like buzzing sound (Vertigo),
- Fast heartbeat,
- Breathlessness (Deep Breathing),
- Stuffy nose,
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting,
- Muscle pain,
- Malaise/Prolonged Erections,
Rare (1 in 1,000 users)
- Reaction due to allergic,
- Feeling of Inflammation in the eyes,
- Glaucoma (Eyes problem),
- Heart attack, altered heartbeat,
- Bleeding from nose,
- Blood pressure (High/Low),
- Sunlight sensitivity,
- Pain in private part during erection,
- Chest Pain (At Center),
Very rare side effects (1 in 10000)
- Hematuria, a type of disease in which Blood comes with the urine,
- Penile Hemorrhage,
In clear words Levitra is not using for the boy (under 18), girls and women (at any age group) don’t try to take.
Try to avoid, the use of such medicine, use in extreme case. Generally, the sexual disorder is 40% occurs due to mental stress, it may you don’t need such pills for a happy sexual life.
“Take the doctor’s advice, don’t ignore.”
Conditions and Warnings of Levitra
Well, you must talk to your pharmacist or doctor before using the Levitra drug. However, any children and teenagers must not take this drug without any permission from the doctor. Because Levitra is not intended for use by children or youngsters under 18 years of age.
Take extra care with Levitra:
When you have heart-related problems then It will be unsafe for you to have sex. In addition, if you suffer from abnormal heartbeats such as cardiac arrhythmia. Also, acquired heart diseases that harming your electrocardiogram.
Although if you have any physical problems which affect the shape of the penis in men. Basically, this involves some kind of conditions that are known as Peyronie’s disease, angulation, and cavernosal fibrosis.
In addition, if you are suffering from an illness that may cause erections in men’s penis that will not go away. This is also known as priapism. However, these incorporate leukemia, multiple myeloma, and sickle cell disease.
Besides that, there are some more given below conditions, in which you must be careful while taking Levitra:
If you are taking any other type of treatment for the problem of erection difficulties. Also, if you are taking Levitra orodispersible tablets for its treatment. If you feel an unexpected or sudden reduction in eyesight or loss of vision.
When you have some critical problem of a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia. Besides that, if you have ulcers in your stomach, that is also known as gastric or peptic ulcers. Then you should stop taking Levitra immediately, and contact your doctor instantly.
Conditions When you should not take Levitra
Well, you should not use this drug if you are already taking such medicines that contain nitrates, such as glycerol trinitrate for angina, or nitric oxide donors, such as amyl nitrite. Hence, taking all such
medicines with Levitra may affect blood pressure in your body very seriously.
In addition, if you are an allergic reaction to vardenafil or any of the other ingredients of this medicine. However, the signs of an allergic reaction must involve some itching, rash, swollen lips, swollen face, and shortness of breath.
You should not take Levitra if you are taking indinavir or ritonavir. Medicines that are used to cure human immunodeficiency virus or HIV infections. If you are over 75 years of age, also if you are taking itraconazole or ketoconazole, or any anti-fungal medicines.
Some other conditions:
- If you recently have a heart attack or stroke problems.
- If you are suffering from any kidney dialysis problems.
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure problems.
- If you are experiencing severe liver or heart problems.
- If there is a history of degenerative eye diseases in your family. That is known as retinitis pigmentosa.
Besides that when you have ever experienced a condition that including loss of vision, due to some injury to the optic nerve, or from insufficient blood supply that is known as NAION (Non-arteritic ischemic optic neuropathy).
In addition, when you are using riociguat medication. Because this drug is applied to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension that is known as the problem of high blood pressure in the lungs. Also, the problem of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension, that is called high blood pressure in the lungs secondary to blood clots.
However, the PDE5 inhibitors, such as Levitra drugs have been shown to enhance the hypotensive impacts of this medication. Therefore if you are taking riociguat medicine or if you are unsure, then you must inform your doctor immediately.
Cautions relate to this drug
As with all medications, adverse effects and interactions can occur when using Levitra. One in 10 men will experience headaches. Other common effects may include:
- stuffy or runny nose
- stomach upset
- In most cases, these disappear within a few hours.
Other potentially serious symptoms include:
- ringing in the ears, or sudden hearing loss
- irregular heartbeat
- swelling in the ankles, hands, or feet
- difficulty breathing
- chest pain
The patient should stop using Levitra if these occur
Rarely, an allergic reaction may occur. This can lead to hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of the face, tongue, and throat. It can lead to shock, and it can be fatal. If these symptoms appear, they should be treated as a medical emergency.
Very rare side effects may include priapism when an erection lasts longer than 4 hours. This can damage the penis. If an erection lasts too long, the individual should seek medical attention.
Visual disturbances can happen when blood pressure drops in the eye. The individual may see a blue tinge to objects, and they may have difficulty distinguishing between the colors green and blue.
Very rarely, there may be a sudden deterioration in vision in one or both eyes. This can indicate a heart condition, an existing eye problem, high cholesterol, diabetes, or hypertension. If any sudden loss of vision occurs, the individual should stop taking the medication and seek medical help immediately.
Vision problems are most likely in patients with other conditions, such as heart or coronary artery disease, diabetes, and high cholesterol. Vision problems are more likely to happen if the person smokes, or if they are aged over 50 years.
Interactions with Levitra
Using Levitra with some other drugs can lead to serious adverse effects. Possible reactions may include the common effects, such as a potentially dangerous drop in blood pressure, or hypotension, dizziness, fainting, There is also a risk of stroke and heart attack.
A man should not use Levitra if he is taking nitrate drugs, such as riociguat (Adempas), or other nitrate drugs for chest pain or heart problems. It should not be used with recreational drugs, amyl nitrate, and butyl nitrate, also known as poppers. Other drugs that may interact include, but are not limited to:
- Medications for HIV or AIDS
- Antibiotic and antifungal medications
- Other medications for erectile dysfunction
- Drugs for prostate problems, blood pressure, or heart rhythm disorders
Grapefruit juice contains a chemical that makes adverse effects more likely, so it should not be consumed while using Levitra.
Other medicines can be used with Levitra?
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using, have recently used, or might use any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Some medicines may cause problems, especially these:
- Nitrates, medicines for angina, or nitric oxide donors, such as amyl nitrite. Taking these medicines with Levitra could seriously affect your blood pressure.
- Medicine for the treatment of arrhythmias, such as quinidine, procainamide, amiodarone, or sotalol
- Ritonavir or indinavir, medicines for HIV
- Ketoconazole or itraconazole, anti-fungal medicines
- Erythromycin or clarithromycin, macrolide antibiotics
- Alpha-blockers, a type of medicine used to treat high blood pressure and enlargement of the prostate (as benign prostatic hyperplasia)
Do not use Levitra film-coated tablets combined with any other treatment for erectile dysfunction, including Levitra orodispersible tablets.
A few things to know before use Levitra
Patients should tell their doctor about all their medical conditions and any other medications or supplements they use before taking vardenafil.
This is especially important if they have:
- a deformity in the shape of the penis, such as Peyronie’s disease
- a heart condition, such as arrhythmia, heart failure, or angina
- a family history of a rare heart condition known as long QT syndrome
- hearing problems
- hemophilia or some kind of bleeding problem
- hypotension (low blood pressure) or hypertension (high blood pressure)
- liver or kidney problems
- multiple myeloma, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, or some other kind of blood cell problem
- non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION)
- damage to the retina of the eye
- stomach ulcers
- retinitis pigments, a rare genetic eye disease
They should also tell the doctor if they have ever experienced priapism, a seizure, or if they have recently had a stroke or a heart attack. Levitra is available to purchase online, but users should consider the above points and check with their health provider first.