Hey, are you a victim of cervical pain, or afraid that you are suffering from cervical pain? If yes, then don’t get panic, this can be cured in the initial stage by recognizing the symptoms of cervical pain, causes, and applying some regular exercise in your daily life. Here in this blog, you can enhance your knowledge and can get rid of cervical pain by knowing some treatments, and exercises. So let’s start reading without wasting any time:
Need For Treatment of Cervical Pain (Neck Pain)
Before starting about the exercises, treatments, and symptoms of cervical pain, it will be good to know that What is Cervical Pain? Cervical pain is a kind of pain that occurred due to some changes in bones like osteoarthritis, and in cervical spondylosis. Mostly this condition is seen in the group of aging people due to herniated discs, injuries, tumors, and Paget’s disease in bone. But that doesn’t mean that the cervical pain can’t affect the adult age group, the adult age group also face this due to some other factors.
In the medical term, there are different types of cervical pain like spondylosis cervical pain, osteoarthritis cervical pain, cervical spinal stenosis pain and etc. Spinal stenosis has two conditions, one is cervical spinal stenosis, and another is lumbar stenosis. Cervical spinal stenosis dizziness is a kind of stage where the spinal canal starts to narrow and create a space in the spinal bone in the part of the spine in the human neck.
And the lumbar stenosis occurs in the lower back of the spine. In the above paragraph, we have mentioned spondylosis, and osteoarthritis cervical pain. Spondylosis cervical and osteoarthritis cervical are approximately the same which we called cervical neck pain in our normal life.
Here in this blog, you will know only the exercises, treatment, and symptoms of cervical neck pain. If you are a victim of this cervical neck pain then it will be very useful for you or if you are not a victim of cervical neck pain then this also useful for you.
Symptoms of Cervical Pain
You can recognize cervical pain through the symptoms. So it is important to know the symptoms to treat the cervical neck pain as soon as possible. Here are symptoms mentioned below, that will help you to detect the cervical pain in the neck.
- Neck pain is the main symptom of cervical pain in the neck.
- Sometimes your hands, legs, or fingers may become insensitivity or numbness & tingling.
- Feeling weak to pick any goods in your hand.
- Facing problems to walk properly and to balance perfectly.
- Cramping of legs for a long time, and unable to walk perfectly.
- Incontinency of urinary is a big symptom of spinal stenosis, generally, this symptom appears in the sever case.
- Most of the time feeling pain in the middle part of the neck, shoulder, and upper chest is another symptom of cervical neck pain.
- Severe headache in the backside of head, behind the ear and eye.
- Tightening of muscle in the neck during the sitting and sleeping position, and unable to move the neck.
- Cramping of muscles in the neck.
- Sharp neck pain, stress, fever, throat pain, tenderness, not able to lifting or gripping easily.
Cervical Pain Treatment
Cervical neck pain treatment can be treated through 4 mediums, and they are physical therapy, surgery, and medication.
Physical Therapy: Physical therapy medium will help you to relieve pain, stretch your neck and muscles of your shoulder. Not only that physical therapy also increases the willing power of your mind and recovery as soon as possible with the therapy procedures.
Medication: Medication is a process by which you can get relaxation and relief in your muscles, and can reduce inflammation. Your physical therapist will suggest you cyclobenzaprine for the muscles to relax, and muscle spams, hydrocodone for pain relief, gabapentin (anti-epileptic drugs) for nerve damage and pain relief, and steroid injections to reduce the inflammation of the tissue. Doctors also suggest the victim of cervical neck pain take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce inflammation.
Surgery: In this case, surgery depends upon on your cervical pain condition, If all types of treatments go wrong with you or don’t respond, and if your case is severe then you need surgery to get rid of this condition. Surgery in cervical neck pain is rarely suggested by therapists. Generally, surgery is needed for those persons who experience such type of symptoms like weakness of muscle, loss of bowel, loss of sensation, and etc.
Cervical pain treatment at home: You can make your treatment at your home if your condition is mild. Do some exercise regularly in free space to get an effective result and use a heating pad or cool pack on your neck area to provide relaxation to your neck. Try to avoid a very soft and very hard pillow in the bed. Wear a soft neck collar to reduce the movement of your neck.
Cervical Pain Exercise to Get Rid of The Pain
Exercise is the best way to get rid of this cervical pain, it makes our bones and muscles stronger and can increase your muscle strength and mass. Here are some easy exercises mentioned below which will help you to reduce the cervical neck pain faster. Have a look towards the below:
Stretching of the neck:
- At first, sit down in a straight position and keep your head straight.
- Then move your chin forward and stretch your throat in the same way.
- Softly stretch the muscles of your neck, and don’t move for 5-8 seconds.
- Then return to your previous position slowly.
- Move your chin upward and hold it for 5-6 seconds then return to your previous position.
- Repeat it for 5-10 times a day.
Tilting of Neck (Forward & Backward):
- Touch your chin in your chest and gently stretch your neck muscle by holding for 5 seconds.
- After that, return to your previous place, and repeat it for 5-10 times a day.
Turn the neck:
- Sit straight, and side your head backward for 5 seconds as per your comfort, and stretch the muscle.
- Then return your head in the previous position.
- Again do the first step on the opposite side, and repeat it for 5-10 times in a day.
Tilt the neck side to side:
- First of all, straight your spinal cord, and neck in a sitting position either stand up straightly.
- Then tilt your head down towards any shoulder, with the ears leading.
- Now try to stretch your neck muscles, and hold it for 5 seconds.
- Come back to your previous position and do this again on the opposite shoulder.
- Do this for 5-10 times per day.
Roll your shoulder:
- Rolling of the shoulder is the best exercise for cervical pain.
- At first, sit or stand in free space and raise your shoulders up straightly.
- Move your shoulders in a circularly in a forward motion for 5 times.
- Then come back to your previous position, and again raise your hand straight up.
- And do the same circulation motion but in the backward motion for 5 times.
- Count it one, and do this exercise (roll your shoulder) for 5 times in a day.
Remember that do all the exercises regularly in a limitation don’t try to do this more than 10 times in a day, this may increase your cervical neck pain. And do not stretch your neck muscles gently, otherwise, your pain maybe twice as much as before.
Hope this article will help you to collect some knowledge regarding cervical symptoms, treatment, and exercises. Further, if you have any doubts regarding this blog then you can comment us in the below section, we will try to clear your doubts. At last, we will say that just follow the treatment, and exercise and stay healthy.