Lower back pain is not a gendered specific problem, it caused in both men and women. It happens when you suffering from health disease, heavy workout, and lift the heavyweight things. You can visit the doctor regularly, very few of us can do so? According to the physician, lower back pain is a common problem, 80% American, 70-80 percent of people worldwide will experience the backache in his daily life. But the main problem is how you can protect your body from this low back pain?
If you are fed up with the previous articles related, Body Pain Types. Don’t worry, through this article we are trying to provide you the best information about Reason of back pain and another body pain by the best exercise along with a home remedy.
Let’s check out the best information on your lower back pain:
LBP (lower back pain)
Lower back pain the common, but a painful condition in which you feel ache near the end of the spinal cord (hip side) or backside of the body. According to the doctor, Degenerative disc disease can compress the spinal nerves which cause lower back pain. Sometimes the side effects of diseases lead to the causes of LBP.
Causes for lower back pain
Low back pain generally starts below the rib cage, also known as the lumbar region, sometimes it can be intense and often gets better on its own. Few major causes related to backache are mentioned below:
Due to excess activity muscles and ligaments of the back, stretch or tear. Pain and stiffness are the main symptoms of the low backache along with muscle spasms. Physical therapy is the best treatment recommended for LBP.
In the back, there is a risk of injury in the disc, which rises with increasing age. The outer surface of the disc can tear or herniate. Herniated disc (known as slipped or ruptured disc) causes due to pushes against spinal cord or nerve roots from cartilage. The cushion that sits between the spinal cord comes out of its normal condition/position. The result is not good due to compression of the nerve root, which comes out from the spinal cord and through the vertebral bones. The injury usually occurs due to sudden work like lifting something heavy. During this lifting, twisting occurs and cause back pain. If you are taking care without any medicine, feel the comfort in 72 hours.
It generally occurs due to herniated disc by disc presses on the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve connects the spine to the legs and causes pain in the legs and feet. if you are facing ache like burning or pins and needles, that means you have symptoms of sciatica.
When the spinal column narrows putting pressure on spinal cord/nerves you feel a pin which is known by Spinal Stenosis. Degeneration of the discs between the vertebrae. makes it very common. The result is the pressure of the nerve roots or spinal cord, by the bony tissues, for example, discs. Pressure causes on the vertebrae expression, for example, death, spasms, and deficiency. You can feel these expressions anywhere in the body. Many people with spinal stenosis see their side effects compound while standing or walking.
Abnormal Spine Curvatures
Abnormal curvatures in the spine are causes in Scoliosis, kyphosis, and lordosis conditions. This condition can cause the main problem for lower back pain, so take care in the initial stage when they are in children and teenagers. Hence, abnormal curvature places pressure on the muscles, tendons, ligaments, and vertebrae which causes pain and poor posture.
There are numbers of other conditions that cause lower back pain like arthritis, fibromyalgia, spondylosis, pinched nerve. Although aging is the primary cause of spondylosis, the location and rate of degeneration are personal.
Your Job(Continues sitting)
If your job related to any physical work like lifting, pulling, or anything that twists the spine, can cause back pain.
If you are sitting on a chair all day without feeling comfort can also cause low back pain.
Your Bag(Heavy bag)
Whenever you wear a purse, backpack, or briefcase while traveling the upper part of the body is supported by the lower part. Heavy bag or long-distance travel with a bag can lead to a major problem for your lower back, it may cause a lower back problem.
Your Workout(hard work on 1st day)
Nowadays everybody wants a muscular body, forgetting perfect body shape he/she join a gym. It instant hard gym can also cause lower back pain, So, be perfect do perfect exercise to keep your bottom lower back pain relief.
If you are not sitting in a straight way or taking any support the shape of spinal cord deformation starts. Always try to balance your body during sitting and standing.
Diagnosis for lower back pain
- Most doctors begin the diagnosis by physical examination, to know the exact position of your pain.
- Check out the range where the pain is affecting your range of motion.
- Diagnosis becomes painful sometimes, because of the checking process reflexes and your response to certain sensations.
- They also try to check your low back pain is affecting your nerves or not.
- It may be possible that your doctor may diagnose a few weeks before sending you for testing.
If you are feeling symptoms like lack of bowel control, weakness, fever, and weight loss, it might be possible your testing processed a few more days.
Diagnosis for lower back pain consider a few more things
Under the circle of diagnosis when conditions are crucial:
Image Show, It is recommended by a doctor to examine the alignment of your bones and whether you have arthritis or broken bones. Also help to check spinal cord, muscles, nerves or disks.
MRI or CT scans
Image Show, Help to find out the herniated disks or problems with bones, muscles, tissue, tendons, nerves, ligaments and blood vessels.
To check out the infection and other conditions, which can cause pain.
To check out the tumors or compression fractures caused by osteoporosis.
(EMG) Electromyography measures the electrical impulses produced by the nerves, form this they diagnose responses of your muscles.
It gives a perfect result of lower back pain causes herniated disks or narrowing of your spinal cord.
Treatment for lower back pain
A maximum number of lower back pain generally gets better with a few weeks of home treatment. however, thinking of everyone is similar “back pain is a complex condition”. Few people suffer from a long time, due to lower back pain. Yes, 78% possibility to get quick back pain treatment is possible with the help of medicines and injection.
Bed rest is the best solution to relieve lower back pain, over-the-counter pain relievers are also a good option if you don’t get any side effects of medicines.
Continue your activities at the end of your tolerance, try to do light activity, such as walking and activities of daily living. Stop doing such activity which increases your pain. If you don’t get any benefit from home treatments after several weeks. It means you need stronger medications or other therapies.
Medications for lower back pain treatment
Generally, people want instant relief, medication is the best way to get. This article does not give you any advice to take the drug without the doctor’s prescription.
Over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers
(NSAIDs) Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) or naproxen sodium (Aleve) medicine can give you instant relief.
The confusion between muscle pain and lower back pain are connected. If mild to moderate back pain doesn’t improve with OTC pain relievers, a doctor may recommend you muscle relaxant medicine. After taking Muscle relaxants drug to avoid to ride a bike or car, also avoid operating the machine because after taking these pills you feel dizzy and sleepy.
Topical pain relievers
The cream is also very helpful to remove that back pain. Rub pain-relieving cream for 3-5 minutes, and cover the part where it is applied.
Antidepressants (tricyclic antidepressants), is very helpful for relieving some types of chronic back pain independent of their effect on depression.
If you have not any option, medicine, pain killer, creams nothing helps you to reduce your pain, then take injection on the supervision of your doctor.
If you don’t get any benefit after doing all the above way of treatment, then the last option is Surgery:
The patients who don’t get any benefit due to medicine for a long time, that means they need surgical treatment for their back pain. If the patient has unrelenting pain associated with radiating leg pain or muscle weakness, a symbol of nerve compression hence, the doctor suggests you for surgery. In the complicated situation of back pain are narrowing of the spine or herniated disk, then you need surgery other treatments are worthless.
Exercise for Lower back pain
Before knowing the best exercise for lower back pain, you most need to know about the facts of exercise, and how exercise helps?
Exercise for Lower back pain best process, which will help you to get fast relief
Of course, you feel comfortable from the pain of the back, during rest or sleeping, but moving is much better for you. Strengthen back, stomach, and leg muscles are the best exercise for lower back pain. They help to provide support for your spine, relieving back pain.
Before doing any exercise for your back pain, consult a healthcare professional, because exercise pattern depends upon cause and intensity of your pain. Some exercise helps you to get well soon and others may increase the level of pain.
Before knowing the best exercise for back pain comfort, stop doing such exercises:
Avoid To Do:
During this exercise, the muscles become stronger, but if the pain is more than mild and lasts more than 15 minutes during exercise, avoid it.
Standing toe touches creates great stress on the disks and ligaments in the spine. So, they can overstretch lower back muscles and hamstrings.
It is a common prediction of many people, sit-ups can strengthen your core or abdominal muscles. In general, people tend to use muscles in the hips when doing sit-ups but it is not good because of pressure on the discs in your spine.
The logic behind doing this exercise is to “strengthen your core” or abdominal muscles. It also helps to provide restore strength to your lower back, also helps in reducing the pain. But if you are lifting both legs at the same time, it may very be demanding on your core.
Note: If you are not doing that exercise with care, become painful.
- Lie on back,
- Straight your one leg,
- Bend the other leg at the knee,
- Put your lower back flat on the floor,
- Lift your leg slowly, 6 inches and hold briefly,
- Repeat this process 10 times.
Recommended Exercise for back pain comfort
Regular Exercise (if you are patients of lower back pain)
Some exercises can aggravate back pain, during acute low back pain. But partial crunches can help strengthen your back and stomach muscles (in a few days you can feel the result).
Process of doing:
- Lie with knees bent,
- Feet flat on the floor (feet, tailbone, the lower back remains constant),
- Put hand behind your neck,
- Cross arms over your chest,
- Tight your stomach muscles, try to pull your shoulders in an upward direction (Breath out).
Note: Don’t take the help of elbow during this exercise, start doing this exercise slowly. You have to do this exercise in between 8-12 times, according to your comfort.
Sometimes the stretch on muscles can give you great comfort, this exercise is the best example.
Process of doing:
- Lie on your back,
- Bend your knees,
- take a long towel, put that towel under the ball of your foot,
- Straighten your knee, and pull back the towel slowly,
- Hold your leg with the help of a towel for at least 15 to 30 seconds,
- Do this for 3-5 times, on both the legs.
This exercise is best for an old person, who is suffering from lower back pain.
Process of doing:
- 10 to 12 inches stand from the wall (be careful),
- Start lean back on the wall,
- Try to adjust your knees are slightly bent,
- Press your lower back, until your back is flat against the wall,
- Maintain the same position for 10 sec,
- Then slide back in an upward direction,
- Repeat that process 8 to 10 times.
Press up Back Extensions (instant relief for some time)
- Lie on your stomach,
- Hands under your shoulders,
- Try to lift off the shoulders with the help of your hands only,
- If you are not comfortable, then put your elbows on the floor directly under your shoulders,
- Hold that according to your comfort.
Bird Dog Exercise
That exercise doesn’t need a lot of explanation because we all are familiar with this exercise. In our childhood (when can’t able to walk on your two legs) we all had taken a walk with the help of hand and leg.
- Stand with the help of hands and knees,
- Tighten your stomach muscles,
- Keep a long breath,
- Lift one leg, and try to stable your body,
- Do this activity for the left leg, right leg, left hand, and right hand,
- After that hold your opposite leg and hand (right leg & left hand) and try to hold it in the air for 7 to 12 sec,
- Repeat process for 8 to 12 times.
Knee to Chest exercise
- Lie on back & bend your knee,
- Feel flat on the floor,
- Bring to your chest,
- During this process, other foot must be flat on the floor,
- Keep your lower back on the floor,
- Hold your leg for 15 to 30 sec,
- Repeat the process for both the legs,
- Do this process 2 to 4 times during exercise.
Pelvic Tilts Exercise
- Lie on back,
- Bent your knee, be flat on the floor,
- Make your stomach tighten by contracting it,
- Feel the back pressing into the floor,
- Hold for 10 sec and breath slowly in and out,
- Repeat this process more than 8 times.
- With bent knee lie on the floor,
- But put your body weight on heels,
- Squeeze your buttocks in an upward direction,
- Hold for 6 to 10 sec,
- Repeat this process of exercise 8 to 12 times,
- Don’t apply too much pressure, and avoid the excess doing.
Home remedy for Lower back pain
Without taking any care if you lift heavy items for your job, that means you are inviting lower back pain. Lower back pain is the result of a slipped disk from a pesky athletic injury. It may be tappen due to an acute injury or from chronic overuse that leads to arthritis. By breaking down the fluid-filled disks in your spine.
Let’s Check out the Home remedy which helps you to get quick relief.
1. Get heat and cold.
You can use both ice and heat in the treatment of lower back pain, but the way of implementation is different.
In the initial stage of lower pain, this treatment is like magic for you. In 1st stage use ice then treat with heat (in the 2nd step after 35 hours).
- Take Ice cubes,
- Put an ice cube in a plastic bag,
- Remove the wearing cloth and put the ice bag on pain,
- Leave this bag for a maximum of 10 minutes,
- You can repeat this process throughout a day, but keep a gap of 15 minutes during every start.
After doing this process 1 or 2 days, you can start doing the heat treatment. Because it helps to release more inflammatory compounds into your body.
- Take heat pack or heating pad,
- Heating elements like water and red sand,
- Take the heating pack and put on for a night.
2. Consider acupuncture
Based on the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, acupuncture on the trend of ancient Chinese practice may be effective for treating moderate.
During this process, small thin needles are inserted on the body, which to restore energy flow by releasing pain-relieving chemicals in the body.
3. Re-arrange your workspace
If your working at a desk job profile, manage the area of your desk.
- Key objects:
If the objects are far from reach, and you are always doing the same approach to get, this can be a reason for lower back pain due to the strain.
To avoid such ache, keep your regular need product like a mouse, pen, keyboard near your (easy to reach without) so that you don’t need to bend your self.
Note: Always put your heavy product around your reach.
- Your chair(comfort chair):
- Your chair should be at best hight (set up according to height).
- Set your chair in such a way that your feet restfully and flat on the floor.
- If you are not feeling comfortable due to the seat, purchase a small lumbar pillow and place in your lower back curve.
- Computer Monitor
Looking too high or too low can cause a big issue, according to survey generally lower back pain occurs due to set of location.
Note the best setup of Desktop:
The monitor should be in an arm’s length, a top portion of the screen just below eye level. If you are a regular office going person, then fixed a system and chair because you feel comfortable and that angle setup in mind.
“Don’t change the color, brightness, and screen always.”
Try to eat a balanced diet not only for lower back pain it also helps you to get a good health. But what you have to do for proper care for your LBP (Lower Back Pain). Check out the following products which will give you the best result.
The formation of bones are based on calcium, if you are not taking calcium-rich food it might be possible that your bones become weak and causing ache.
So try to eat calcium-rich food/product:
- Yogurt, milk, cheese, frozen yogurt, and ice cream,
- Cereal, orange juice, oatmeal,
- Greens, kale, bok choy, and broccoli.
It works with calcium to construct the bones, with the help of nucleic acids and cell membranes.
- Cheese, milk, cottage cheese, ice cream, pudding,
- Baked beans, kidney beans, black beans, bran cereals, oysters,
It provides strongness to bones and also helps to inhale calcium and phosphorus for the body.
Swordfish, salmon, fortified milk, sardines, eggs, and fortified cereals
5. A good sleep
Sleeping is known as refreshment button key for health because, during sleep, the body tries to gain energy. While sleeping the ratio of body energy consumption decreases then awaking.
Best style/position of sleeping:
Side with your knees drawn up close to your chest and place a pillow between legs help to reduce the lower back pain. Avoid sleeping on soft beds, if you are facing a problem of the lower backache, sleep on hard bed to protect your spinal cord.
6. Physical activity
Physical activity like running, swimming and yoga are best for body and bones because they provide flexibility. The best form of activity, to protect the risk of lower back pain.
Few More Facts About Lower Back Pain
- Pain in the lower back can be an affecting cause of bony lumbar spine, intervertebral discs, ligaments around the spine.
- For lower back pain use of a home remedy initially can be beneficial.
- Symptoms of Low back pain are Pain & stiffness, pain in buttocks.
- Sometimes it is difficult to understand your backache, because you feel pain during bending, stretching, coughing, or sneezing. Rest of the time you don’t feel the pain, that symptom is the initial stage of lower back pain.
- Recovery time depends upon the condition of illness, in a few cases you get results in 20 days.